Wednesday, April 29, 2015

DIY: Happy Birthday Greetings

I love DIY projects. This is my outlet to unleash my creativity. Actually, my office mates tease me that I am also an art teacher :)

Last January, my son turned four. I forgot to print him something that we can post on our wall. We wanted to surprise him. A night before his birthday, I recalled the letter cutting my Arts teacher taught us. Took the effort in folding and cutting a simple message to my son. Got some leftover green papers I used when I made birthday decors for my daughter's first birthday last year. Voila! "Kiko's 4th Bday."

Last week, my daughter turned two. Again, same scenario happened. I forgot to print the birthday greetings. And again, a night before her birthday, got small cut out card boards I used for the letters I made for Kuya, made a quick lettering and made a colorful birthday greeting. My daughter actually volunteered to put up the last two letters. She was proud to help.

I love doing simple things for my kids. It keeps me young at heart :)




Mommy kisses,

May

No comments:

Post a Comment