Monday, July 7, 2014

Mommies, what will make you happy today?

Simple things make us happy, right mommies? Milestones of our children such as first step, first word, first smile – those are priceless moments.

One of the things that made my day today – my daughter pooped! Whew! Her last poop was Friday. Since we are into exclusive breastfeeding, our pedia gave up to five days lead time to have her poop. If on the fifth day we are not yet successful, I have to give her suppository. We usually give her half of the glycerine as a last resort. I also add more water intake and eat foods that will help her poop.

Being a mother who spends her day for 10-12 hours away from her children, I rely on the answers of our nannies. The usual questions I ask are how much they eat; what activities kept them busy; if they slept; and if they pooped.

My son is potty trained since he was two years old. We encourage him to go to the potty after eating a meal though most of the time there is no need because in less than five minutes after a sumptuous meal, he will tell us that he needs to go.

Photo taken when he was 2.5 years old.
What will make me happy each day is when my children regularly poop especially my daughter who is not yet potty trained.

What about you mommy? What makes you happy each day? What made your day today?


Mommy kisses,
May


No comments:

Post a Comment