Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Why do I Tandem Nurse my Kids?

It’s simple – I am blessed with breast milk. So why not use it until supplies last.

Part of my advocacy on breastfeeding is to normalize breastfeeding beyond two years old and to encourage tandem nursing.

I nursed my eldest son while pregnant with my daughter. It was challenging to nurse while pregnant since my breasts are engorged while pregnant. The sucking motion was painful. It was a sacrifice. I stopped expressing milk in the office while pregnant.

When I reported back to work, wow! My supply is doubled. I did not have the same experience on my first son – which is to establish my supply. My body recognizes that I’m feeding two growing kids.

At this time, I encourage my eldest to drink from his cup the breast milk I express. He only nurses for about a couple of minutes every nursing session.

I do not have plans to stop nursing my two kids. We will stop nursing whenever they are ready to wean and most definitely until supplies last.

I always thank God for this wonderful blessing and gift from Him because I am one of the mommies who have breast milk production like this.



Mommy kisses,
May

No comments:

Post a Comment