Monday, May 19, 2014

Busog Lusog Feeding Program: Garde Mange

As a breastfeeding mother of two, I always find ways to eat healthy. If I have the option of not choosing to grab my lunch from fast food establishments, I always go with my colleagues and friends at Illumine or at Magsaysay People’s Lounge, located in our office building, Times Plaza.

When I am asked where I will have my lunch, I always say, “I will go for my Busog Lusog Feeding Program J

Why such name? I am sure that I am going to be satisfied with what I am going to eat at an affordable price. A complete meal course – soup, main entre, dessert, and iced tea is given to us at 50% discount as part of our employee benefit.

Last Friday, we enjoyed our lunch because it is Garde Mange day. On top of the usual lunch menu, we have the option to get the items from the garde manage buffet.

I am working with one of the best training schools for Culinary and Hospitality students. Part of the module of the Culinary Arts Program is preparing Garde Mange. According to Professional Cooking by Wayne Gisslen, the art of garde manger includes the techniques of cold food decoration, cold platter design and presentation, and the design and planning of buffets. Garde manger is an intricate and complex discipline.

Here are the outputs of our students that made my lunch last Friday.













Mommy kisses,
May


No comments:

Post a Comment