Saturday, June 28, 2014

Do you allow your children to own or play with cats or dogs?

I am a pet lover. I love our cats and dogs. I had a cat that was with us for 12 long years. She died when I had spotting with my son in 2010. Then our ever loyal dog, Maldita came.

I allow my kids to touch and mingle with our cats and dogs. We teach them to love our pets and to learn how to take care of them through feeding and bathing them regularly. Plus, playing with them.

Maldita particularly has been our protector and most especially to my son probably because of their bond even before my son was born. I was pregnant when we had Maldita. She was my companion when walking around, waiting for my son to pop up from my big tummy. When I am eating while pregnant, Maldita will always sit beside me and of course will ask me to give her something to eat. She even rests on my big pregnant tummy.

There was a time that my son slipped on the stairs and Maldita was there to the rescue in just a snap to stop my son from sliding down.

What are the benefits of allowing kids to have pets?
1) Physical: Walking, running or playing with dogs help enhance the motor skills of our kids. My son loves walking our dogs - Cacai and Maldita. This is one of the activities that I encourage my son.

2) Social: It is a topic to start a conversation and story-telling. My son loves telling something about our dogs or cats to us and to our neighbors. It is a topic for discussion to both my kids.

3) Emotional: Kids get to learn – the sense of responsibility. Whenever my father feeds or bathes our pets, my son usually goes with his grandfather. Our kids will get to learn that we should be responsible as owners in taking care of our pets. We even allow my son to go with Maldita when she needs to have her vaccination.

My daughter is also fond of our cats and dogs because she always calls them. She shows interest through pointing them to us when the pets are around or making a dog baby sign.

I’m actually excited seeing the new puppies of Maldita play with us.

Enjoy the weekend with our kids and beloved pets!



Mommy kisses,

May


Kuya taking a break

Kuya is tired after walking Maldita


No comments:

Post a Comment