Monday, June 2, 2014

My Breastfeeding Buddy


During the first few months of nursing my eldest son, I find it idle when I just “nurse” him. Of course, I am fully aware and acknowledge the fact that I am doing an important task – nursing my son. Plus, I am having amazing bonding moments with my son.

Actually, I just want to fight my eyes to close because I have lots of things to do. I have to look for ways to prolong my breastfeeding session wide awake and not end up sleeping as well all the time. I have here some suggestions of items that you must have that are within your reach when nursing your baby.

Water tumbler: I had a CS operation, during the first few days, it was so difficult to move. When breastfeeding, you need to drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated.

Remote control: If you love watching, have this at hand.

Reading materials: As for me, my buddy was and still my buddy is my Kindle Keyboard. I download e-books and audio books in my unit to keep me awake and of course to make myself productive while doing a very important role – nursing my child.

My Kindle Keyboard is my buddy when nursing my children. Even though there are new models, I will always love my buddy. She is my buddy when doing errands and I have to wait for a while. I read or listen from here parenting tips. Though I must admit, I jump from one e-book or audio book. I search for topics that will suit my current needs.

How about you mommies? What is the “thing” that must be within your reach when nursing your baby to keep you awake?


Mommy kisses,
May








No comments:

Post a Comment